Brooke Army Medical Center
3551 Roger Brooke Drive
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
Need emergency burn care?
Call 911 to access an ambulance (EMS), or go to your local Emergency Department.
The Army Burn Center treats civilian patients from across Texas, Department of Defense beneficiaries from around the world, and many VA patients too.
If you are a civilian and require burn care, there are 3 ways to receive care at the Army Burn Center:
- Be referred by a healthcare provider (Primary Care Provider, Urgent Care, Emergency Department) via the Southwest Texas Regional Advisory Council (STRAC) MEDCOM Communication's Center at 800-247-6428. Your doctor will talk directly with one of our burn surgeons, 24/7.
- Call 911. In the Bexar County area, ambulances will normally transport patients with major burns to the Army Burn Center.
- Seek evaluation at the Brooke Army Medical Center Emergency Department. Because access to Fort Sam Houston is controlled, this may not be the fastest option for many patients.
Getting to the hospital
For individuals without Department of Defense Identification (DoD ID):
Unless you are coming to the hospital by ambulance as a patient, visitors without DoD ID cards must be processed at the I-35 Visitor Control Center for a visitor's pass.
Visitor Center Location: BAMC I-35 Gate, Bldg. 3704 (I-35 Frontage Rd.)
Gate Access: All occupants of vehicles (over the age of 16) are required to present current photo identification with an expiration date.
- Military Identification card
- State driver's license
- State identification card
Click Here for Driving Directions »
Refer to the Brooke Army Medical Center's Visitor Guidelines website for the most up to date information.